High blood sugar level is a symptom of diabetes and it arises when the insulin is either not being used or the pancreas doesn’t produce enough of it to regulate the sugar concentration in the blood. When this happens, the sugar levels spike leading to numerous complications if care is not taken.
So in this article in line with a publication on Medical News Today, we are going to have a look at some of the foods that Reduces High Blood sugar Level after sometime if consumed often. Just sit tight and enjoy this article while learning something new.
What Foods Lower Blood Sugar?
1. Oats – oats are fiber rich whole grains that help lower blood sugar level in various ways. If you are the type of person who is having an elevated blood sugar level, you should consider eating more oats.
2. Avocados are tasteful fruits that may offer significant benefits for blood sugar level regulation. The reason is that, they are rich in healthy fats, fiber and minerals and adding them to meals may improve blood sugar management. So make sure you eat more avocados for the sake of improving your blood sugar problem.
3. Beans and lentils – beans are rich in magnesium, fiber and protein all of which helps to regulate blood sugar level. They are particularly high in soluble fiber and resistant starch which makes digestion very slow and as such, improves blood sugar response after meals.
4. Okra is a fruit that is commonly used like a vegetable for the preparation of many dishes in this part of the world. Studies have shown that okra is rich in blood sugar lowering compounds such as polysaccharides and flavonoid antioxidants.
5. Consider increasing your seafood intake. Eat more fatty fishes like sardines, tuna, mackerel etc and overtime your blood sugar level and overall heart health will be improved…READFULL