One of the most well-known and affluent teams in the English Premier League is Manchester United. The Red Devils have had recent performance issues; last season, they failed to make the top four....CONTINUE READING
Manchester United’s yearly pay spend has increased to £384.2 million despite a decline in performance. The club’s net debt went from £419.5 million in 2021 to £514.9 million this year, a rise of more than 22%.
Unrealized foreign exchange losses on the retranslation of US dollar borrowings were the cause of the £95.4 million rise, according to United.
Due to these losses, Manchester United has increased its pay budget in the Premier League. The loss is a result of the high pay costs incurred by elite players who benefit greatly from expensive contracts.
With that stated, let’s look at the top 10 earnings for the team:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo—£515,385 per week
2. David de Gea (£375,000/week)
3. Jadon Sancho (£350,000/week)
4. Raphael Varane (£340,000 per week)
5. Casemiro (£300,000/week)
6. Anthony Martial (£250,000/week)
7. Bruno Fernandes (£240,000/week)
8. Marcus Rashford (£200,000/week)
9. Harry Maguire earns £189,904 per week.
10. Christian Eriksen earns £150,000 per week.