Liverpool had to wait for the lottery of the penalty kick before beating a Chelsea side that dominated play at the Wembley stadium in the Final of the English FA cup....CONTINUE READING
Chelsea had dominated play through chances created but could not convert any of the created Chances as Liverpool won the tie after a penalty shootout.
Liverpool quadruple dream is still very much alive as they have beaten Chelsea twice in cup finals (the Caraboa cup and now the FA cup), they trail Manchester City with 3 points with two rounds of games to play (as at 14th May 2022) with duel with Real Madrid in UEFA champions League still waiting.
Here are five mistakes that cost Chelsea the FA cup.
1. Lukaku Should had seen off the game after helping to tame the Liverpool defenders till he was subbed.
2. Timo Warner should had been given a shot to feature today but Tuchel chose to stick with Mason Mount who was not impressive today.
3. Jorginho should had been replaced by Kante and not Kante coming on for Kovacic.
4. Arrizabalaga should had come on when it was obvious that the game would be heading to penalty kicks. Mendy did well though.
5. Chelsea’s inability to kill off the game in the first half cost them the cup.